Please note: since the 01.01.2008, the Cologne city centre is an environmental zone, which only vehicles in the pollutant groups 2 to 4, and which bear the corresponding plate are allowed to enter. You will find further information at http://www.stadt-koeln.de/leben-in-koeln/umwelt-tiere/luft-umweltzone/die-koelner-umweltzone
- coming from the A3/A4/A59 on the right bank of the Rhine
drive along the motorway approach road/Messe and Deutzer Brücke in the direction of the city centre and turn right at Heumarkt. Follow the course of the road and then turn left into the second street (Obermarspforten). To drive in front of the Gürzenich (Martinstraße), again turn into the second street on the left.
- coming from the A1/A4 on the left bank of the Rhine
drive to the motorway intersection Köln Nord, here take the A57 in the direction of “Köln-Zentrum”, along the Konrad-Adenauer-Ufer. After the tunnel at the Deutzer Brücke turn right onto the "Heumarkt" and and turn immediately right once again beneath the Maritim Hotel. On the Heumarkt, turn right. Follow the course of the road and then turn left into the second street (Obermarspforten. To drive in front of the Gürzenich (Martinstraße), again turn into the second street on the left.
take the “Köln-Lövenich” exit, drive along the Aachener Straße and Richard-Wagner-Straße towards ther city centre and follow the course of the road over Rudolfplatz/Neumarkt to the Heumarkt. In front of the Maritim Hotel turn right and follow the course of the road to the left under the Maritim Hotel. On the Heumarkt turn right. Follow the course of the road and then turn into the second street on the left (Obermarspforten). To drive in front of the Gürzenich (Martinstraße), again turn into the second street on the left.
- on arrival at Cologne Central Station take tram no. 5 which will take you to the neighbouring “Heumarkt” stop.
- you can also reach the Gürzenich Köln on foot from the Central Station in approximately 10 minutes (see arrival map).
- take tram no. 1, 5, 7 or 9 which will take you to the neighbouring “Heumarkt” stop.
- on arrival at Cologne/Bonn Airport, take the S-Bahn (Suburban Railway) no. 13 to the “Dom/Hauptbahnhof” stop and then change to the tram (tram no. 5).
There are car parking facilities in the Heumarkt-Parkgarage and in the Parkgarage “An Farina”.
Attention! Changing Driving Conditions.
Probably until the end of 2015, the Kalk tunnel on the B55a between the Zoobrücke and the motorway junction Köln-Ost is being completely renovated. Throughout the entire construction phase the tunnel will only have two lanes open to traffic in each direction instead of the usual three. This will lead to traffic restrictions in the vicinity of our congress centers.